Preserved Lemon Roast Chicken
Preserved Lemon Roast ChickenCourse: Recipes, Main
Elevate your traditional Sunday roast chicken into another realm of the exotic with preserved lemons!
1 whole chicken
2 tbsp thyme
1 whole preserved lemon, pips, and flesh removed
4 cloves of garlic
zested rind of half a lemon
a good grind of salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients except the chicken in a food processor and blitz to a paste.
Otherwise cut everything finely and mix.
- Gently separate the skin of the chicken breast from the flesh and gently push the butter mix in.
Smear some over the chicken’s legs and wings as well.
- Roast for around 90 minutes or until when a skewer is put into the flesh, the liquid comes out clear.
- Remove and allow to rest for 15 minutes, wrapped in foil.
- Serve with your usual Sunday roast favourites.
Shop the Ingredients
Farmer Max Pasture Raised Whole Chicken (Chilled)KShs 1,759
Brown’s Unsalted Butter – 500g (Limited Supply)KShs 949
Fruit & Veg
Olkerii Organic Lemons – 500gKShs 119
Jars of Goodness Preserved Lemons – 250gKShs 489
Herbs & Spices
Tropical Heat Black Peppercorn PET Grinder – 60gKShs 249