Mama Toto Diaper Bundle (100% Cotton or Quick Dry)
Why are Cloth Diapers Important?
Disposable diapers contain single-use plastic and are not recyclable or biodegradable. One baby creates about 950 kg of single-use plastic waste in comparison to a set of cloth diapers that creates 2.4 kg from multiple children. It is projected Africa will have 490 million births from 2020 to 2030. This means 2.45 trillion diapers could end up in Africa’s streets, waters, or landfills. This is the equivalent of 6.5 Eiffel Towers or 9,380 African elephants.
Why Mamat Toto Cloth Diapers?
MamaToto Cloth Diapers are:
1. Made from cotton, a natural fibre, which is gentler for baby leading to fewer rashes
2. Safer for the environment – single-use plastic disposable diapers last 500 years in landfills and many never make it to a landfill and end up in our streets, rivers, and oceans
3. Cost-effective – parents can save Ksh 150,000 on the first baby and Ksh 200,000 on the second baby
If planning to diaper your baby part-time (i.e. while at home or only during the day) this bundle will provide you with the necessities. Bundle includes:
1 Diaper Cover
1 pack of wipes (10 pieces)
Diaper Cover: -stops leaks-
- MamaToto’s Diaper Cover is made from a modern waterproof fabric that allows for airflow preventing rashes.
- The diaper cover will fit a baby from 4 kg – 15 kg (about 2 months to 3 years).
- Pair the diaper cover with our 100% Cotton or Quick Dry Absorbers.
- Diaper covers can be reused 2-3 times before laundering.
- Snug, durable elastic at both the waist and legs for a gentle and secure fit trimmed in 100% cotton.
- Two rows of easy-to-adjust snaps/poppers, allowing for a proper fit at the legs and the waist.
- Three rows of snaps/poppers between the legs to adjust the rise of the diaper.
Absorber: -absorbs pee and poo-
- Snaps into our PUL cover.
- Features gussets and elastic around the legs to prevent leaks.
- Layers are separated in the middle so they will dry faster.
- We recommend this product for people wanting only a natural fiber in their diapers and have access to good sunlight to dry the absorbers.
- The absorber is made from 6 layers of 100% East African cotton milled in Nairobi. Six (6) layers of fabric: Three (3) thin layers of cotton for absorbing moisture quickly and three (3) thick layers of cotton for holding moisture.
Quick Dry Absorber
- We recommend this product for people lacking access to good sunlight to dry the absorbers. There are two layers of a quick-dry fabric sewn between the 100% cotton layers so only a natural fiber touches the baby’s skin.
- The absorber is made from 4 layers of 100% East African cotton milled in Nairobi and 2 layers of quick-drying fabric. Six (6) layers of fabric: Two (2) thin layers of cotton for absorbing moisture quickly with one (1) layer of quick-drying fabric sandwiched between, and two (2) thick layers of cotton with one (1) layer of quick-drying fabric sandwiched in between.
- Sold in a pack of 10
- Two layers of cotton – 1 layer of smooth for pee and 1 layer of rough for poo
- Made from 100% East African Cotton milled in Nairobi
- Measures 16 x 16 cm.
- The easiest way to use a cloth wipe is to wet it with water, wipe the baby, rinse off large poo pieces, and place it in a laundry bag with soiled diapers.
*Prior to using soak all cotton products in hot water with vinegar for 24 hours to set the color. Wash with soap in hot water to pre-shrink the fabric.
For washing instructions visit How to Use.
MamaToto cloth diapers are 100% Made in Kenya!