Kenya’s first natural, chemical free, leak free, bamboo based eco nappy!
BENEFITS OF NELI & CO NAPPIES
- Ultra soft and luxurious biodegradable bamboo fabric
- Free from nasty chemicals – no chlorine, chlorine dioxide, alcohol, latex, PVC, phthalates, perfumes, lotions or dye
- Hypoallergenic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and temperature regulating materials to avoid nappy rash
- FSC certified wood pulp and corn starch back film
- High absorbency with up to 12 hours protection at night
- Natural odour control
- Wetness indicator for all sizes
- Ergonomic and flexible design for active and adventurous babies with a gentle and cushioning inner core
- 10% of profits committed to social enterprises working in sanitation, health and plastic reduction
BETTER FOR YOUR BABY
Neli & Co nappies are incredibly absorbent, ultra soft, gentle and free from nasty chemicals.
Bamboo wicks liquid away quickly, and has natural antibacterial, anti-fungal and temperature regulating properties; all of which help keep nappy rash at bay…plus its super smooth and silky making it ultra-comfortable on bottoms!
The wood pulp in our core is free of both chlorine and chlorine dioxide and you can rest assured our nappies are also free from Alcohol, Latex or PVC, TBT, Perfumes & Lotions, Phthalates and dyes which are common in industry standard products.
Now you and your child can sleep easy at night knowing there are no nasty chemicals against their skin and they’ve got 12 hours leak-free protection.
BETTER FOR YOUR PLANET
Traditional nappies are made from oil-based single-use plastics. Over 800 million nappies are thrown away every year in Kenya. Each nappy takes up to 200 ml of crude oil to produce and takes an estimated 500 years to biodegrade. We wanted to create a product that was not only gentle and natural for our children but also kind to our planet and people.
Both our top sheet and back sheet are made from 100% organic natural bamboo. Bamboo doesn’t require fertiliser and it grows extremely fast – as much as 30cm per day! Bamboo is also three times more effective at lowering Co2 emission than any other tree or grass. It is 100% biodegradable.
The wood pulp in our core is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council to ensure that the wood is sourced in an ethical and sustainable way. It is also 100% biodegradable. Our back film is made from corn starch instead of traditional plastic film. Again this is 100% biodegradable and plastic free. The Neli & Co products have been tested by internationally renowned testing agencies and around two thirds of each nappy biodegrades within 75 days. Their cardboard boxes are made from 100% recycled material, and we have committed to offsetting our carbon emissions and paying all our employees a Living Wage.