This fabulous recipe is part of Rohan Patel’s Thai Table, which he prepared in partnership with Freshly Kenya and Green Spoon. Follow him on Cook and Canon for more foodie inspiration.
1 butterhead lettuce, cleaned and leaves separated
Handful of Rice vermicelli noodles
1 stalk of lemongrass
500g Highland Castle Farm pork mince
½ tsp Pink Himalyan salt
1 tsp fish sauce
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
1 tbsp Cocopure virgin Coconut Oil
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 red chilli, halved / ½ tsp Dailies Organic Chilli flakes (optional or adjust depending on desired heat level)
1 heaped tsp Thai Green Curry paste
Dark soy sauce
- On a chopping board, bash the lemongrass stalk with a meat mallet/ pestle until stringy and the strands have separated.
- Fry the lemongrass strands and rice vermicelli noodles separately in hot oil until crispy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the pork mince, himalyan salt, fish sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and ginger and mix until well combined. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a wok, over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil and fry the onions and chilli until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the pork mince and fry until lightly browned and cooked through. Add the Thai Green Curry paste and a drizzle of dark soy sauce and mix well until combined (If watery, continue frying until most of the liquid evaporates).
- Just before removing the pork from the heat, drizzle over fish sauce and sesame oil.
- Spoon the pork mince onto the lettuce leaves and top with the crispy rice vermicelli noodles and fried lemongrass.